boiling water sound

supra10

May 30, 2007
wisconsin

ok so every time i start my car up and i let it heat for a few minutes.. when i step in the gas a little bit i hear this
water sound... i dont know how to explain it but it sounds weird and it gets me annoyed.. i tried to look at it but for some reason i cant hear it when i have the hood open.. its only when im inside the car.. any ideas of what it is???

Last edited:

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
johnathan1 said:
That's called the "waterfall" sound...and it indicates that there are air bubbles in your cooling system...test the cooling system for leaks.

Ditto. Try running the car with the nose just a little off the ground. Leave the radiator cap off and let it warm up. After it finishes expelling some coolant (don't worry, it's totally normal) you'll be left with very little in the radiator. Now, top off with 50% green coolant. Let it run some more. Repeat until it stops overflowing. Cap the system and fill the resevoir a bit.

Ta-da! You've bled your coolant!

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Well, the air had to get in there somehow...You probably have a coolant leak somewhere, or you radiator cap spring could be getting weak, or isn't a dealer cap... The sound can also be an early symptom of a BHG in some cases.

You need to pressure test your cooling system to find any leaks.

Also, you should only use the Toyota red coolant...that green prestone junk likes to errode aluminum at an alarming rate.

supra10

May 30, 2007
wisconsin
i have the green crap in my car.... you know what ima get the red coolant a.s.a.p... that bhg thing scares the hell out of me... i dont wanna have bhg...

thanks alot guys!!

Last edited:

supra10

May 30, 2007
wisconsin
i checked the pressure and i have no leaks.. i checked everything i could think off.. and now im loosing coolant... little by little..... this is really starting to worry me!

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I heard this sound when I had BHG and I heard it again recently when my coolant lvl was low because of a water leak at the water neck.

When I had BHG I couldn't get it to go away now I just add some coolant and I don't hear it again until the lvl becomes low again.

supra10

May 30, 2007
wisconsin
yeah every time when i start the car white smoke comes out the exhaust....
man! i kant believe it could be bhg...... damn! the engine has like about 80k....
is it a pain in the ass to get rid of bhg??

lil_dcb7

MKIII Monarch
Dec 27, 2005
San Diego, CA
supra10 said:
man! i kant believe it could be bhg...... damn! the engine has like about 80k....

you dont get rid of a bhg broski, you replace it

and depends on how much patience you have. It can be a pain in the ass. It can just be a burdensome task...

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
supra10 said:

It is some work but if you know what you are doing then you can get it done. Atleast you dont have as much work as the Turbo Supras.