blowing white smoke help

michaelskeet

Feb 15, 2009
Milwaukee
i just got my new 87 supra, it was a 7mgte in and i just replaced the clutch and flyweel. car was overheating at first and i fixed that. but now she is blowing white smoke. it only happens when i drive her and then come to a stop. ans some times after i shift too. any can help that would be great.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Do a block test, leakdown test, compression test.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
michaelskeet;1264475 said:
i just got my new 87 supra, "IT WAS A 7mgte" in and i just replaced the clutch and flyweel.

Check and see if you have any oil on the spark plugs.

is yor car turbo?
If so check the turbo, make sure it's not going bad.

michaelskeet

Feb 15, 2009
Milwaukee
yeah its turbo, and i know the car was beat by the last owner. and the turbo has never been replaced or rebuild. but ill check the plugs now.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Id say %99.9 percent you need a turbo rebuild, or a newer (therefore bigger :D) turbo. Ive been through my fair share of turbos, and they all did that, every single one of them. Oh, if it stops smoking one day, add some engine oil, your starting to run low. And we all know how much the 7M likes to run with low oil

michaelskeet

Feb 15, 2009
Milwaukee
yeah well i guess its time for a 60 trim. the other day my through out barring when so ill be working on that. what type of turbo u think i should go?

michaelskeet

Feb 15, 2009
Milwaukee
head gasket been replaced and apr studs and torqued to 75 ft. lbs. so it should be fine. my guess is turbo upgrade. which is in the procress of being done. ill make sure ill post up pic of old and new turbo.