big time lurker appearing

mrtechnic

only1JZ
Oct 25, 2006
Montreal
Alright, so been looking around this site for quite some time, but never posted since the need never presented itself, I do search a lot.

My story is as most, gets more and more complicated as time passes.
I own a 85 supra with swapped 1JZ-GTE on megasquirt. Engine is still stock but it's about to get rebuilt head with some 2J cams and new stem seal valves. Installed a Y pipe ss exhaust pipe during the swap to help a bit.
Dyno numbers still to come, should be over 300 IMO.

adding a pic to help the visual effect.

p1046610_1.jpg

Cheers!

mrtechnic

only1JZ
Oct 25, 2006
Montreal
Sure, here are some more pics!

p1048640_1.jpg

p1048640_2.jpg

p1048640_3.jpg

p1048640_4.jpg

p1048640_5.jpg

p1048640_6.jpg

i'm due for a new photo shoot, a couple things moved/changed lately. Will post more once I got some to show.

Cheers,
Nic

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
mrtechnic;1046610 said:
Alright, so been looking around this site for quite some time, but never posted since the need never presented itself, I do search a lot.

My story is as most, gets more and more complicated as time passes.
I own a 85 supra with swapped 1JZ-GTE on megasquirt. Engine is still stock but it's about to get rebuilt head with some 2J cams and new stem seal valves. Installed a Y pipe ss exhaust pipe during the swap to help a bit.
Dyno numbers still to come, should be over 300 IMO.

adding a pic to help the visual effect.

p1048783_1.jpg

Cheers!

why welcome to the site :biglaugh:

mrtechnic

only1JZ
Oct 25, 2006
Montreal
jugodegolf: no stock ecu...Megasquirt on this one, so no fuel cut!!!

Bobiseverywhere: you ARE everywhere man! hehehe

Forcedtorque: It wont go near Alabama now that you mention it! It`s very confy where it sleeps at.

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Cheers,
nic

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Nice car! Welcome to SM. There are a few mk2 owners (as of last week Im one as well) here so feel free to fit right in. I plan to do a 1JZ as well on mine. Did you do the swap yourself or did you have someone else do it? If you did it yourself, on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate it difficulty wise?

ohh, yeah and, your fog lights fell off. :sarcasm:

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Welcome to SM! and nice car you got there. :love:

What happen to your fog light? Did you modified your grille to make it longer?

mrtechnic

only1JZ
Oct 25, 2006
Montreal
hahaha!
The fog lights... I simply took them out when I got the car years ago since they where rusted out. Used a left over grill, cut it and filled the light casings making it full lenght grill.

theweezl : did part of it myself and had help for the megasquirt. 1 to 10...hum 7.5
There a re quite a fiew things to look at to make this happen the right way. If you like, I can give you some pointers on it.
And if you do go the 1JZ route, look me up if you need engine mounts, I make some for this swap.

Cheers,
Nic