bhg

sleepwalker

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego
right now i am tryin to take off my head and sent it to the shop. i just got a BHG. i ran into a problem, the book told me to use a two jaws puller to hold down the cam so i can take off the screw but i can seem to find a jaws puller anywhere, i was just wonderin how everyone take off their cam?
thank in advanced

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I used a flat-head screwdriver, and stuck it in between the spokes, and used one of the bolts that holds the cam backing palte on as a leverage point while i loosed the bolt...same goes for putting it on w/torque wrench...

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
johnathan1 said:
I used a flat-head screwdriver, and stuck it in between the spokes, and used one of the bolts that holds the cam backing palte on as a leverage point while i loosed the bolt...same goes for putting it on w/torque wrench...
same here.

sleepwalker

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego
just got the head back and well it doesnt look that good. the head seem to have some burn markin on it, i want to know if i can still use it. post pic late if i can get the phone and computer to talk to each other.
now i need to know what size headgasket to order, the shop said he took off .07 so waht size should i order?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
simple send a pic through multi media message, and instead of phone number put it in as an email address and yur good to go. i do it with all my pics from the phone.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
.07 cows per field???

If he took .07 inches off then throw your head away. Sure he didn't mean .007 inches?

sleepwalker said:
just got the head back and well it doesnt look that good. the head seem to have some burn markin on it, i want to know if i can still use it. post pic late if i can get the phone and computer to talk to each other.
now i need to know what size headgasket to order, the shop said he took off .07 so waht size should i order?

sleepwalker

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego
yea it was .007 not .07:3d_frown:
am in the auto class so i ask the teacher what size headgasket i should use, he said .007 is not a big deal so i can still use the 1.2mm. right or wrong?
thanks