bad idle, swapped jdm 7m request help

240esseckz

Dec 12, 2006
sacramento\vallejo
hey...i purchased an 88 supra turbo...i dont know a lot about toyota, (my other car is a 240sx). anyway, im missing a few wires from the previous harness (a sensor or 2, and the guages)...and i have 1 or more vacuum lines not connected. i did some research and i know the fuel pressure up vsv is 1 of the lines that isnt connected...my question is...could that be the main reason. What other things should i look for...and does anyone have any good detailed engine pics...and a pic that shows where the fuel vsv actually is mounted too...the vacuum diagram (drawing) doesnt really help with that. thanks.

240esseckz

Dec 12, 2006
sacramento\vallejo
ians13 said:
what no introduction. any how can you give more details about your problem because i can't under stand what you talking about.

yea....i cant really say much..mainly cuz i dont know what else i need to be done...i mainly need some stock engine bay pics so that i can compare some things...nice 240 btw...mine looks just like that minus the rims, and jdm blinkers...

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
240esseckz said:
yea....i cant really say much..mainly cuz i dont know what else i need to be done...i mainly need some stock engine bay pics so that i can compare some things...nice 240 btw...mine looks just like that minus the rims, and jdm blinkers...

Thanks, what am trying to say is explain the symptoms and them maybe I can help you more, by this I mean is it backfiring, missing, idle low, idle high. Idle up and down rapidly.

for a diagram and lay out go here, http://www.turboninjas.com/mk3supra/