Baby seat in a supra?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Thats right.... just found out my wife is pregnant...

Anyway, the title is mostly a joke. I just wanted to share. I also have a crew cab titan, and the white package, so I think we can manage.

I'll probably have the bike for sale before too long. I don't think I should be riding it since I'm going to have to raise a child(not that I ride it anyhow more than twice a year).

Anyway. that is all!!!

I'm so happy :)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Congrats on the Baby! Your first????

I have had a child seat in my Supra quite a bit, with 4 kids. They are hell on leather seats. Make sure you take it out from time to time, and move it around, instead of letting it sit in the same spot all the time.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I've got cloth.... and the white package probably will have a baby seat in it a good bit.

See...I needed the titan, so my wife had to drive the white package to work...

And now she won't give it back :(

So I now drive a titan...lol

which we are probably about to sell, and buy something more practical. The thing gets shitty mileage, and the note is 500 a month if you include the full coverage insurance. I think a 4 door civic or accord is in order, and maybe a cheap beater pickup in case we need to haul something. I only owe 5000 on the truck, and the value is still around 22k for a fully loaded 4 door with navigation, dvd, playstation, soft bed cover and a few other small goodies. I really don't need that note, as it's half my bills. More money for baby stuff.

And yes, this is my first. It was semi planned(as in not trying to prevent), so I'm not worried or upset or anything. I think it's great. My wife and I have been married for 4 years and together for six. We've been semi trying to have a child for around a year now. We were actually becoming a little concerned that it couldn't happen for whatever reason.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I won't sell my supra unless I deem it absolutly necessary for the well being of my child. Hopefully it will never come down to that. I would get a second job first.

I would make quite a bit from my supra in a partout if need be though, as I have over $20k in parts on it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
gixxer750 said:
I won't sell my supra unless I deem it absolutly necessary for the well being of my child. Hopefully it will never come down to that. I would get a second job first.

I would make quite a bit from my supra in a partout if need be though, as I have over $20k in parts on it.

Don't be scared of the baby expense hype. It's not so bad. You can make adjustments to minor things instead of selling off what you worked hard to get. You will probably not be going out nearly as much. That will account for a lot of it. It's mainly diapers and formula. Ya, they are gonna cost ya, but it will be like you get a nice raise once a year for the next 2 years as the baby comes off of each.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
congrats.. hey man i have 3 girls and another on the way and when i had my supra i would put one car seat in the front and the other 2 in the back and my wife would sit between them in the rear on the hump... lol uncomfortable as hell but we had to make it work untill we got the camry..... and now were having to get another ride something bigger... kids are great but damn they are hell to haul around lol...