As requested, my Supra's photoshoot from 8/2/06

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
I just got it back from paint 2 weeks ago, and finally took some solid pictures of it.

The progress thread is here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367386
has pictures from when I bought it wrecked until it went in for paint.

You might notice a few things gone from the nose panel :) *see the end of this post for better picture of the nose panel*
nosepeak.jpg

carpeak.jpg

This one lost some of its detail from the resizing, but I still think it looks cool.
supraroad.jpg

supralightning.jpg

The ONLY photoshop on that picture is the black bezel around it and the resizing, it made it look better for sig purposes. I took all of these pictures about 2 hours ago.

Here's three high-res pictures.

The lines in the background were a Semi driving by on the highway. You can see the shaved nose panel quite well in this. I absolutely love the way dark cars look when they're wet.
http://www.absurdparadox.com/media/hosted/daemon/DSC00968.JPG

High-res of the lightning shot.
http://www.absurdparadox.com/media/hosted/daemon/DSC00951.JPG

High-res of the road shot.
http://www.absurdparadox.com/media/hosted/daemon/DSC00976.JPG

I've had a bunch of requests for closer shots, and "normal" shots. I'm not going to do any of these until I get the coilovers/wheels/and exhaust. Yes, i'm that shallow I don't want to post pictures of my sawblades and 4x4 action. :icon_surp . It should have a lot of goodies on it soon, though. Stay tuned!

All I ask is that if you make it your background or anything like that, post and tell me! LOL feed my ego, please.

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
The camera was a 5 megapixel Sony Cybershot. It's my Dad's, admittingly. I took it as it is his cheapest camera and it was raining, I didn't want to chance it on his better cameras!

The setting was actually just the default Nightshot setting with automatic exposure settings. I couldn't figure out on the dang thing how to manually set the exposure, but they came out well nonetheless! I would just set the camera on the ground and hit the button and move my hands away as quick as I could so the camera didn't have any shake - or if it shook slightly it would stabilize before the shutter opened. I can't keep my hands steady at all!

Out of about 60, these were the best. A lot of "this MIGHT look cool" was involved haha. Lots came out bad, a few came out really good- just how it should be! It lets you know what not to do next time around. A bunch of people want to go out after the next storm and get some similar shots. This time around i'm taking the better camera and waiting until the storm has passed (or far enough away) to not get rained on again! I've got a picture where the lens is COVERED in rain :C! Thanks for the regards, makes me super happy to see the thing fully restored now. Now time for the fun stuff!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Matt: Any photographer has 100's of not great shots with the occasional great one! :)

I have a print on my wall of a lightening strike that is only slightly better than your shot!

I have an 8mp Nikon that I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do but your shot in high res is inspirational!

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
IJ. said:
Matt: Any photographer has 100's of not great shots with the occasional great one! :)

I have a print on my wall of a lightening strike that is only slightly better than your shot!

I have an 8mp Nikon that I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do but your shot in high res is inspirational!
A buddy of mine's Dad is a freelance lightning photographer. Their house is covered in framed pictures of beautiful lightning strikes. That's basically my motivation for it, I want to catch a tremendous lightning strike with the Supra. Thanks for the kind words IJ!

89jdm7m: Thanks a ton, man. Take some printscreens of your desktop! haha.

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
swaq said:
Where'd you take it to get painted? I'm considering doing a repaint for our Supra.
A guy who lives outside of my City did it, he's an older retired gentlemen and has been painting show cars his whole life. I obviously didn't pay for a show quality job, I needed some body work finished on the front end, and he shaved the headlight squirters and emblem. His daughter and he are part of a local website here, wichitaracing.com. He cuts everyone on WR a deal. It has a couple spots that have issues, but he warranties his work and he's going to fix it. He's also going to reshave and paint a new nose panel since the one on the car isn't perfect, it was the only piece on the front end I didn't buy a new one of.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
very nicely done. Especially like black supras.

i have made a few pics like this in years past with 35mm film. you dont know what you have if anything till its developed.

You may want to lighten up the lightning pic with photo shop to bring out the lightning and car some. It would be like over exposing the film a little bit to get better definition of the car and lightning.

if your car and scenery is motionless you can turn down the film speed on the digital camera and close the apeture and make a long exposure of the car for 30 to 60 seconds to make it come out to the correct exposure for the pic. With digital cameras you can actually see the pic develope to the correct lighting on the screen. While the pic is exposing during the 30 to 60 seconds any lightning going off should automatically expose as a white streek as long as the exposure isnt rediculously long. Durning a 30 second or longere exposure you may by chance get several strikes on camera in one shot.

Using 100 speed film, f10 to 16 and 30 to 60 seconds will probably work. if not use 200 speed.