Arizona's Monthly Toyota Meet

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
What: Toyota Meet
Where: Firebird Raceway- Details, see below.
When: Saturday, May 31st- Time: 10AM

I am trying to see how much interest there is to get a Monthly Toyota Meet started here in the PHX area.

We would be meeting on the last Saturday night of each month at around 6PM. The place where we'll meet will be decided when enough people show interest.
I would like to get as many Toyota owners to attend as possible. It will be a way for us all to get to know each other and check out other Toyota models. This is also including all Scion owners and all Lexus owners!!

IF interested just post it in this thread.

*UPDATE* Tucson Quarterly Meet has been suspended til next quarter.

What: AZ's Toyota Meet
When: Saturday, May 31st 2008 - Time: 10AM
Where: Firebird Raceway/ Dezod Time Attack-Car Show

This is the event that I am scheduling the meet around. I already know there will be plenty of Scions attending as well as a few other Toyotas/Lexus owners. It is a race and show event held by Dezod West.
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=207958&sid=ffca062c88c64584611c05aaeb7a70b7

*The plan will be to meet at Firebird Raceway for the Dezod Time Attack/ Car Show. After that we can grab some grub (or eat there), then head out for a cruise to Tempe Market Place for whatever.

Thanks,
B-

Last edited:

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
First post has been updated! Keep an eye out, because we'll be having our next meet on Saturday, April 26th!!

I want to figure something out that would keep everyone more active so that we don't get bored as fast. Maybe a cruise out to a BBQ or something?

azsuprasm

Apr 4, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
GotBoost?;950874 said:
...Besides, most AZ mkiii's are broke down at this time...

That's only because I've just recently joined SM.

Sarah's here...I'll get all the sigs & pics updated later.

Steve in N.Scottsdale...90T for Me!
SILV Poker Tournament Coordinator

Where will YOU be on October 2-4?
Supras Invade Las Vegas XII
http://vegas.supras.org/

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
How many of you would be interested in rotating our meets between PHX and Tucson?? Reason I ask is that I have a few Toyota owners who would like to have it rotate so that its more even.

I for one would love to have a meet outside the PHX area! We could all meet up somewhere and cruise down together.

Edit:
Alright, here's an idea about the rotation of Tucson and PHX meets.

Quarterly would be a best bet for Tucson since they have less members attending. PHX will still have the in-between monthly meets.
I'm thinking...
PHX: February, March, May, June, August, September, November, & December

Tucson: January, April, July, & October

Last edited:

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
Unfortunately, I am going to have to suspend the Quarterly meet in Tucson. There is just not enough people who are willing to go just yet.

I would still like to have the meet, only have it here in the PHX area instead. I will take suggestions on what to do and where to meet. Maybe grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, and then a quick run out to SpeedWorld for some Saturday night racing??

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
Unfortunately no, it won't be in Tucson again til next quarter. Not enough people showed interest.

Alright, I just checked the Speedworld schedule and they are not having any Saturday night races on the 26th. So, Go-Karting sounds like the best bet!!

Speedway Raceway sounds like fun. It's only $22 walk-in for 16 laps.

vehicle_5

Mar 7, 2008
E. Mesa
www.cardomain.com
Meet is TOMORROW!! Looks like it will be a really good turnout!! Although no one from this site has yet to let me know if the're going. :(

So far we have...
1. vehicle_5 (supramania+)
2. TRUENOFAB (spyderchat/aztoyota)
3. Allen86 (aztoyota)
4. twincharger (aztoyota) ?
5. Phunk Monkey (aztoyota)
6. Dangerzone (supraforums)
7. 08rolla (9thgencorolla)
8. stealthjet (newcelica)
9. Kustom Play (mr2oc)
10. turbomr21987 (mr2oc)
11. Airmiller44 (mr2oc)
12. TurboTRDCelica (mr2oc)
13. jsg93085 (scionlife)
14. Kiss (scionlife)
15. FabX (clublexus)
16. 4speedsleeper (tunerfriends)

Just a reminder of what/where/when things are going on. Here's that info.
I would like everyone coming to meet up at Gearhead Garage for their dyno day. It'd be a good chance for people to see how much power they're putting down.
Then we'll go grab something to eat, probably out at Tempe Market Place. After that we'll cruise out to F1 Race Factory for some go-kart racing.
So, to recap:
10AM - Gearhead Garage
~1PM - Eat
~3PM - F1 Race Factory

Addresses:
Gearhead Garage - 1021 N. gilbert road suite 104 Gilbert, AZ 85234
Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....788657&spn=0.006182,0.013347&z=16&iwloc=addr
Tempe Market Place - Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....908026&spn=0.012355,0.026693&z=15&iwloc=addr
F1 Race Factory - 317 S 48th St. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Map - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...111.978407&spn=0.012353,0.026693&z=15&iwloc=A