Are you interested in a crate 350 SBC w/ cams, flat head & BIG 4bbl 88 MKIII Floriduh

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Saw this today... Its really interesting how well a 350 will drop in... Its using the stock motor mount locations, no real modification there... Interior is blue leather, VERY preserved... White, needs some paint... Driver fender needs some work, small dent... Hard top... Originally an NA... So we were talking, and he said he has everything to finish the project, but found an El Camino he really wants... So, he'd like to sell it... Since I "know so much about these cars" would I like to buy it? Not at the moment, but I told him I'd throw this out there and see if anyone would be interested in this sort of project... The motor is brand new, zero miles, edelbrock intake, no carb on it, but I saw it in the back hatch, and its a pretty big ass one... Mallory distributor... Cams and some other internal stuff... Its got an auto tranny, but not sure if its the 350 or the 400... Still on an NA open diff... But the drive shaft has been modified to work... The other thing that REALLY got my attention: electric fan from a CHRYSLER! It fit PERFECTLY over the stock radiator and has a huge prop on it... You could see the wheels in my head spin when I saw that...

Anyway, he's only asking $3500 for everything! That's everything, drive train, everything to finish the project... I get the sense that this guy is desperate for that Camino... You know how some people are about Supras? *cough*me*cough* This guy is like that with El Caminos... He has a SWEET dd EC that is just trick... He has another one in his shop he's restoring... And found one he's fallen for... So, if anyone is interested, let me know, I can get more details for you...

Jake

*no, before you ask, I dont have pics, but if you REALLY are interested in this car, I will get with him and take pics of the car for you*

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
You need a location in your title, and you put this in the wrong section. PM a mod and they'll edit it for you ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I'll get right on that... ;)

Im not actually selling the car, its not mine... This is my version of the Teal supra thread, lol... I know alot of guys are totally against the 350 in a Supra, but, this is a pretty nice set up, and would be a fun insta-torque street/strip car for a really low price... The motor/tranny is worth that much... I just told the guy I would throw it out there for him and see...

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
kwnate said:
You need a location in your title, and you put this in the wrong section. PM a mod and they'll edit it for you ;)

:rofl::rofl:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i want to see how it is mounted up using the stock mounting points. i find it kinda hard to believe that a 350 is drop in.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Hes saying that the frame mounts are stock, youd have to fab up motor mounts that bolt to the motor obviously....

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
It might not be your car but it still looks like a for sale thread...
I guess I can start selling stuff in here as long as it belongs to someone else.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
foreverpsycotic said:
i want to see how it is mounted up using the stock mounting points. i find it kinda hard to believe that a 350 is drop in.

From all I've seen it will, just some header and motor mount mods. and new driveshaft and accessory stuff of course

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
miekedmr said:
It might not be your car but it still looks like a for sale thread...
I guess I can start selling stuff in here as long as it belongs to someone else.
Look harder, when you see the words: "Im selling a car for someone" let me know... If someone were interested in this car, I would be glad to put them in contact with the owner, and they can work out the details... If you see a nice Supra in your area that you think someone might be interested in, feel free to let people know... There's nothing wrong with that... The owner is probably in his early 50s, not really a big internet guy, so I dont see anything wrong with sharing this for those interested... ;) And I wouldnt recommend ANYONE selling someone elses car FOR them... It can get messy... ;)

As for the mounts, Im sure they're cutom, although he said he hasnt really had to fabricate anything to drop it in... He is using the stock motor mount locations on the frame, you can see that... He said he had to weld a plate onto a cross bar for the tranny, but it too bolts up to the factory tranny mount location...

It was funny, because he said he enjoys droppin big V8s in little cars... I kinda chickled inside, because I dunno if he realizes how heavy the MKIII is... Although, Im sure the MKIII is still alot lighter than those older big metal muscle cars...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Reign_Maker said:
Although, Im sure the MKIII is still alot lighter than those older big metal muscle cars...

Depends.... my boat of a chevelle (with much weight reduction) weighs in at 3050 with driver... Most of the mid-late 60s mid-size musclecars were around 3500-3800 with small blocks, and closer to 4000-4200 with a wwell optioned big block. Not really that much heavier than our land yachts...lol.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I got my small block nova down to 3345 with half a tank and me in it. im going to try and match that with my 496 in it by ripping things out.