Are there any runners other than me?

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
new shoes will make me run faster? Man, sure beats getting in shape :)

How much do those puppies go for, I'm looking for a good runner. I've generally stuck with the adidas shoes because they tend to fit wide and don't hurt the wallet. But I think it's time for an upgrade.

Solid Soup

Solid like soup sandwich
Mar 10, 2006
B.C. Canada
Wow, 3 minutes shaved off?!?!?!? Were you wearing flip flops before :icon_bigg ???? I didnt think a shoe would make that much of a difference over 6 miles. Congrats on the time cut!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
TobyCat said:
new shoes will make me run faster? Man, sure beats getting in shape :)

How much do those puppies go for, I'm looking for a good runner. I've generally stuck with the adidas shoes because they tend to fit wide and don't hurt the wallet. But I think it's time for an upgrade.

You can find them new on Ebay for about $85 shipped, or through online retailers for about $130ish.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Solid Soup said:
Wow, 3 minutes shaved off?!?!?!? Were you wearing flip flops before :icon_bigg ???? I didnt think a shoe would make that much of a difference over 6 miles. Congrats on the time cut!

Absolutey! Even high end running shoes are usually only good for 2-300 miles. They break down & you lose a lot of the energy from your stride....