Anyone have any detail on the MK3's dragging in Vegas?

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
CtSupra said:
i don't know. i'm waiting to see if slow66 did anything... or even went at all. :dunno:

He didn't go, his car wasn't finished. I haven't heard anything about the drags either, well besides the video that Ziggy posted running the WOTM car. Also Nick and Jose both blew up rear ends at the drags and from what I saw the orange MKIII ran but I don't know what his times were.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Tony's orange car ran a 10 something, I managed to lose with a faster trap and lower ET, but I was not ready for the "pro tree" and lost it at the light. (About 1.4 seconds at the line... LOL)
BTW, ran a 14 something at 106mph. (Pretty normal for my car, but later I ran it over the scales, and with me, a friend and all my stuff for Vegas in the car, it was 4230lbs... Yes folks, it was TWO TONS and then some. (So I guess the time was not so bad eh? Knock off 1000 lbs from the car, and it would be about a second faster I'd guess. Even more with a good launch. In portland on the same setup, my best time was a 13.8 and like 109. IIRC.) That was also with quite a bit of stuff in the car, but I was by myself. (Figure it was still about 4k at least however.)

Oh, I think the reason people have not posted much about the drags is that most people did not get many runs in. (I paid 30.00 then tech'd, sat in the staging lanes for over 2 hours, and finally got one run in. Then it appeared we were going to stage for another round of "real" race cars, and the Buicks, and then we might get to run again? Nope, I left. (It sucked is the short version.)

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
^^^^ lol my car weighted in @ 3725 with me in it (165lbs) fat pig of a supra.

all supras were not doing that great that night lost of card breaking down. mostly breaking rear ends. na's were rocking the croud with 17 sec passes etc.

tony did ran 10.XX, final stage mk2 was runing 13s and traping 122++ (no traction) until he broke his rear as well.