Anyone ever take their Seats apart!?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
im trying to work on redoing my seats, but im having trouble getting the lever on the side off, any ideas?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i found the ring on the turning wheel thingy, but im wondering about the lever..i cant even see anything holding that in place.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
if you have any other ?`s lmk. i completely disasembled one from the rails to the headrest! not to hard. lots of hog rings and a few bolts.

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
Sorry to jump in here but where do you get parts for the seats? My pass seatback shakes around when driving. The hole where the pivot point is has enlarged allowing it to shake. Thanks.

bryanintexas said:
if you have any other ?`s lmk. i completely disasembled one from the rails to the headrest! not to hard. lots of hog rings and a few bolts.

Attachments

• 91Supra001.jpg
    91Supra001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 17

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
Thanks. I got these from the junkyard for 30 bucks for the pair. They need to be redone as well as this problem fixed. Guess I cant complain for the price. Thansk again.

Mike

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
Your interior's not dark red is it? Cause I was considering selling my crap, er, i mean stock interior/seats and getting some light aftermarket ones. You know, just for fuel efficiency.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
thanks guys, ok now how about the headrest? i cant seem to figure it out atm, a little help with that would be appreciated ;)

thanks.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
The best I can remember, if you have the seatback cover off, if you pull the foam aside on the posts on either side of the headrest, you will see bolts. It will unbolt and come apart pretty easy, just pay attention so you know how it all goes back.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I just finished reupholstering my seats witha kit from www.leatherseats.com. I had the same problme with the lever as you empera. I managed to leave it on along with the plastic cover and got a short 10mm socket in there to remove the seat surfaces from the frame. To take off the backrest, remove the seat back covers, and peel the foam away from the side bolsters at the bottom. There are two bolts holding it on there. As for the headrests, begin by taking the seat cover off the seatback you just removed. Work your way from bottom up, pulling the cover up as you go along. Under the foam on the headreast side supports the are one or two screws with hex bolt heads. get a socket or screwdriver in there and remove them. You have to remember to take the small screw off that holds the plastic pieces on to, or you will snap them. Onece all that is done, they should slide off without any problem. Good luck