Any tricks to remove the front emblem?

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Are there any tricks to remove the emblem on the nose piece? Do i really have to take it apart just to change the emblem?

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I had thought about the hammer and chisels.......

AR_91SupraTurbo said:
you can pry it up with a flat head. That's how I got mine off

Really? And to put a new one back on it is just a clip to clip the new emblem on?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
When it flipped up over my windshield...Not knowing what it was.

Later discovered a pretty little badge missing from the front of my nose piece. ;)

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
you have to take the nose piece off. Its really not that hard to do.

There is a clip on the back that slides off.

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have taken my front end apart before, just didnt really want to go through all that just to change the front emblem.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
yeah - if the paint is the only part looking shitty and the chrome isnt chipped just put it in a container full of automotive paint solvent. It will take the paint off and you can just polish the whole thing.

Or you can just change that part..

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
AR_91SupraTurbo said:
you can pry it up with a flat head. That's how I got mine off
:aigo: :3d_frown: Bad bad bad. That's an easy way to damage the emblem and nose piece. The only way that would work is if the emblem was previously removed and replaced without the metal clip under the nose piece (e.g. with double-sided tape). You must take off the nose piece to get to the clip that holds the whole thing on.

Boost Lee said:
160mph pull works well too. ;) Ask me how I know.
Yours must have not had the clip. Mine didn't either, and it flew off at 120+ mph. I bought one on eBay with the clip to replace it. It's a pain to take off the nose piece, but it's worth it.