any suggestions for a clutch?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
Im in the market for a clutch to put into my 1j b4 i complete the swap. i eventually hope to make between 500-600 RWHP. im looking for a clutch that can handle that kinda power yet doesnt have too much of a harsh engagement. does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable priced clutch that can handle that power?

mattcosta7

Jun 20, 2007
Dobbs Ferry, NY
go with the 6 puck and act extreme from ckanderson for that type of power. Engagement is going to be a bit harsh nomatter what when you're at that power level just to make sure the plates stay connected fully, but the ACT kits are quality, and his prices are great

mattcosta7

Jun 20, 2007
Dobbs Ferry, NY
tissimo said:
you MIGHT get away with a act xtreme pp and a street disc.. but it would be at the limits of the clutch

that combo is conservatively rated equal to the hd pp and 6 puck, both at 522ft/lbs torque. While you could run either of these, I'ld bet that they'll wear much faster and be less conducive to transmitting power appropriately. I've got the HD/6puck myself and love it, but at your power level, i doubt this combo would suffice.

jza71

HELL
Apr 5, 2005
MN, USA
www.geocities.com
I recommend you start looking for a twin or triple plate clutch. No matter what they claim to hold, those clutch will not last and will not hold your power. Been there done that, ACT, RPS, Center force...