another AVC-R quick question (I searched already)

C

cnewingham

O.K. I am going to splice in my avcr tomorrow when I get home and I need to know why in the instal instructions it states that the purple wire is for rpm signal - injector signal? Do we only get to choose one? which one is best? If using for RPM signal (which I will most likely do) do I use rpm 1 or rpm 2? or does it even matter?

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The rpm signal seems much more useful, as if need be you can actually set up boost pressure according to rpm. Doesn't matter which rpm signal attached to.. At moment I have the safc at rpm 1, and avc-r at rpm 2. When making sure both were accurate, when I set rpm dislays on both units, they were both exactly the same.

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I hope you already plan on soldering the connections. I have seen a lot of people just use those blue plastic crimp things and they always regret it. Other than that, follow Whiplash's post.

C

cnewingham

I have the autosport harness extension (w/ map-ecu plug and play harness added) that I will be soldering the wires into. I dont want to hack up a new harness. I would NEVER use connectors the hook anything up to the harness.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
cnewingham said:
O.K. I am going to splice in my avcr tomorrow when I get home and I need to know why in the instal instructions it states that the purple wire is for rpm signal - injector signal? Do we only get to choose one? which one is best? If using for RPM signal (which I will most likely do) do I use rpm 1 or rpm 2? or does it even matter?

wait so you don't have to hook both of those up... you only need one? I was confused about this when I was hooking it up... or trying... I'll be finishing mine up next week or maybe even this weekend... so what all wires need to be connected on the avcr to the ecu...

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
AVC-R to ecu needs the following:

green/yellow : (E1) ground, closer to ECU
black: (E1) ground, closer to rest of harness
grey: (VTA) throttle position
purple: (IGt or IGf) rpm - or could possibly be connected to injector signal, I find rpm more useful
white: (SPD) speed
red: (+B) 12V pwr source

Then you've got the other 2 parts of the harness to the boost pressure sensor and the solonoid.

C

cnewingham

Idealsupra posted up a color page that I found last night but the wiring was not the issue (at least for me) I just wanted to make sure the we had to choose which option we wanted to use as far as the rpm or injector.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
anyone have any pics of theirs installed... I've got all the components under the hood in place but I'm just a little confused about the wiring to the ecu so if anyone has a pic of the back of their ecu already wired that would be awesome...

C

cnewingham

I just got mine soldered in but it would do you no good because all the wires on the aerosport harness are white. It is only 5 wires and pretty simple.

C

cnewingham

My only other question is does anyone know where all the other wires connect to? I have an orange wire that appeared to be hooked up before.

thagr81_us

Boost Junkie
Apr 11, 2006
Greenwood, SC
community.webshots.com
The orange wire is for a Scrabble Switch Output... This is basically where you can hook a switch to the boost controller to set it from one setting of boost to another. I just left mine disconnected on my old car and it worked fine. That is unless you want to wire it into a Scrabble Switch.

thagr81_us

Boost Junkie
Apr 11, 2006
Greenwood, SC
community.webshots.com
Check in the Instruction Manual part on Page 54... And I quote: "[* Orange : Scramble S/W Output] * To be wired for Scramble S/W use only" Guess that they assumed if you weren't using it, you wouldn't wire it up to anything and just leave it.