almost supra, r32 group a race but.....

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That video demonstrates how slow the TurboA was compared to the Skyline! It got lapped twice in the video I think. LOL
Not that anyone else was any closer to the Skyline back then...

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
bigaaron said:
That video demonstrates how slow the TurboA was compared to the Skyline! It got lapped twice in the video I think. LOL
Not that anyone else was any closer to the Skyline back then...
how the fuck can you tell it got lapped twice???

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
man, those skylines were absolutely vicious in that race. Didn't the mk3 get a weight penalty, because of it's displacement...how much more weight could you add to the car for christ sakes.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I knew I was not too far off!!!

I did some research and the Skyline R32's won 27 races in a row, and undefeated in GroupA!!! That basically ended GroupA. They were actually banned in Australia from some endurance races because it was not even a contest with the Skyline in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#_note-rbmuscle
"This model soon earned the name Godzilla, for its track performance. The R32 GT-R dominated JTCC, winning 29 races from 29 starts, taking the series title every year from 1989-1993."

Sorry Toyota, you should have had the JZ series back then :stickpoke

Last edited:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
aaron, im pretty sure in Austria, they banned it because it used four wheel steering. That is why now a days cars for example in the JGTC aren't allowed to have anything other then the basics when racing because i think they learned from their mistake of how abusive it really was.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
How come the blue supra was racing with the weaksauce cars?

And it's a fact. The 1jz was made to beat the R31, even when the 7m's were already beating the R31, but became way less competitive when the R32 came out.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
thous days the rules were umm not so umm great 4wheel streeeing and awd i just to much

i just wounder if you took the awd away and the 4 wheels streering what whould happen

plus raceing has to do alot with the drvie 30% car 70% driver