Alarm Issues, any ideas?

surf24365

Aug 19, 2006
New Jersey
Hey everyone, Figures that everytime I spend some money and do something nice for the car she acts up. I just got finished doing the brakes all around on my '87 Supra yesterday only to be woken up at 2:30 this morning by the sound of the factory alarm going off, I ran outside in my underwear with a bat ready to fend off hoodlums only to find myself alone. I shrugged, and went back inside figuring it was the wind that set it off. That was before it went off randomly a total of seven times today, twice while I was working on a friends car only 10 feet away from it. Any ideas on what might cause it to just go off like that?? I also noticed that when locking the door with the key from the driver side the red light in the dash is not comming on as it used to...

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I have had problems with the door locks not actuating all the way.
Hit lock, get out of car, hold up handle, close door.

Sometimes the passenger lock dosn't actuate all the way (probably needs to be taken apart and lubricated).

Sometimes it gets set off randomly.
Also you can still open the doors when half way locked and have the alarm go off.

If the system isn't arming like you are saying you will have to see what is causing that.