Air/Fuel Gauge question

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Ok. I am new to an AIR/FUEL gauge. I just had an Auto Meter installed. and it seems to allways sweep from Lean to Ritch, sometimes it levels out mid way on stoch but not for long. Even on the hiway at about 60mph steady it sweeps (reminds me of Kit from knight rider :biglaugh: ) Is this normal for the A/F to do this?

thanks

s_and_c

Nov 19, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
88targarose said:
Yes, a glorious multi-LED Light show. There's a 3 (or was it 5?) LED mod that gave you the same functionality you described, without paying $100 for it or looking like a fool for having a Narrowband O2 A/F Gauge.

IIRC, it used two connectors from the DIAG connector to read from 0v to 5v.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
jetjock said:
Lots of ways to do it. Yes, the VF signal emulates O2 sensor cross counting so you could use that. My setup uses $2 worth of parts and can not only tell if the signal is cross counting but also if it's 450 mv. But since he already bought the A/F and doesn't understand how things work there wasn't much point in telling him different ways to do it.

Just to give you a little background , The A/F was traded to me by the mechanic that installed it, it was the cheapest way to fill one of the pod holes. The owner before me had installed a pillar pod with 3 holes but only installed a new turbo gauge, it was annoying to look at and he tossed out the piller that goes there so I could not just take the pod out and replace it with a single. So the mechanic had an A/F gauge and a Volt gauge and he wanted my extra radar detector so - trade on. he installed it for free and now I have all 3 holes filled. So dont think I am attached to these gauges as they were installed to be placeholders until something needed to be there.

Besides now my wife does not complain about how its ugly with nothing there.
and trust me I was ready to pay to get them filled because of the complaining.

Thank you for the help and education I am reading as much as I can to learn about this stuff. I really like the reliability of the supra, I dont want to hurt that. I also like that as it is it does have a little get up and go.

88targarose

Got Boredom?
Apr 7, 2005
Albuq, NM
www.turboninjas.com
Really, my point as well is that it can provide a false sense of security while making it look like everything is normal and doing what it's supposed to.

I had a Narrowband in my car once, looked and sounded exactly like everyone said it should...
and here's what happened:

valveclose.jpg