afm wiring blues...

reincaster

Dec 25, 2009
Guam
So I put in the motor into my 89T shell, finally~! Upon closer inspection, a few things were chopped off.... oh well, teh shell was free, why am I complaining?

I go here: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=49

because the AFM is cut at the wires. I've deduced which wires go where on my extra connector, but i do have one question. from the harness, there are two brown wires. Are they spliced together and then they splice to E2?

I also have a blue wire with white tracer, which is beneath the AFM in the diagram, ehich seems to go to the ecu, but I'm not sure which side i'm getting. Anythoughts on that one?

reincaster

Dec 25, 2009
Guam
Sorry, it's way below the AFM. Blue white wire is the bottom wire, under the white wire with the label "B-L"

It has it's own sheath and cover, so it doesn't look like it's part of the afm.

as for the two brown wires, do I just connect them both to the E2 wire from the afm connector?

Barrnone

Jul 28, 2005
CA
If I remember correctly there is a blue wire with white tracer in that area, that would go to the temp switch for the condenser fan on the thermostat housing.

reincaster

Dec 25, 2009
Guam
great info, but what about the two brown wires? Joined together and then to the corresponding pin on the afm connector? or one goes to E1 and one goes to e2? but how do I find out which is which?

Last edited: