AEM Uego question

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
wierd...mine says 14.7 with acc on...i dunno if it takes a while to reach 20 but i dont think i've given a chance then...Or my sensor might be bad?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
nah, there is nothing wrong with it. Mine with a brand spanking new sensor still said 14.7 in acc. Dont know why it does it but ive never had a problem with accuracy when the car is running.

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
mine says that as well.

Although, question for you guys, at WOT, I lock into a reading and it stays faily consistant. But at cruise it constantly jumps +/- .5-.8. Is this indicating an issue you think or is it just the way this thing is? (sorry for that entirely unscientific questions, just had a quick second at work to post)

:)

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
The readings in cruise are the o2 sensor trying to even out and is normal. when in WOT the computer goes into open loop and doesnt look at the o2 sensor IIRC.

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Red Dragon said:
mine says that as well.

Although, question for you guys, at WOT, I lock into a reading and it stays faily consistant. But at cruise it constantly jumps +/- .5-.8. Is this indicating an issue you think or is it just the way this thing is? (sorry for that entirely unscientific questions, just had a quick second at work to post)

:)

Naw dude, that was my next question. Do you guys just get a drastic change at WOT? The reason why im asking so many questions is because a friend let me thiers and I didnt know if it was busted or not. But anyways thanks for the replies.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Oh wait...i just tried the AEM with the ACC on...reads 14.7 then leans out to 19+... - -

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
dont think that is correct, because this is the calibration setup from my AEM EMS (to calibrate the EMS with the WB Sensor):

Make sure to verify that the O2 #1 Gain (option) is set so the voltage from the O2 #1 Volts (parameter) matches the voltage input at the EMS from the O2 sensor. With the Gauge-Type UEGO Sensor unplugged the O2 #1 Volts parameter should read 2.32V (+/- .02 Volts), which is stoichiometric.

basically what it is saying is that with the sensor unplugged it should read 14.7, although it depends on what kinda condition your o2 sensor is in, if there is enough fuel on it, i guess it could read 14.7 constantly.

mine always reads off the chart lean before i start my car.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i can see why it reads off the chart on the lean side with car off and acc on...theres not mix and the o2 just reads off lean...i may be wrong tho.