7m-ge To 1jz

Lazaris

May 7, 2007
New York
hey im sorry about the repeat post got a 88 non turbo auto, looking to drop in a 1jz auto want to buy front clip, just wondering if its as hard as some people have put it? just pretty much need the mounts from bic with down pipe and exhaust? first time doing this and don't want screw up and get screwed in the process. i see Alot of info going around just get confusing at times heh. :D

Last edited:

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
Its very confusing at first until you actually get the engine and everything, then you can see what everyone is talking about and it starts to make more sense.

supraman24

Trooper
Apr 12, 2007
Prattville, Alabama
I am fixing to do the same swap and I am just kind confused too. What all parts will we need to get besides the engine, trans, engine wiring harness, and ECU? Also, is there any place to just buy the wiring harness extension already made just to plug up to the car? Jus thought I would ask and see if maybe it'll help everyone in the future.

Lazaris

May 7, 2007
New York
some ppl say just use a clip you got just about everything, but others it seems all u need is engine trans ecu and harness and just get the BIC mounts so u dont need to change crossmembers but the harness dont have to be extended just have it mounted on the firewall to save you the trouble there but yea its confuseing. thing is i have no idea what to do im haveing my mechanic put it in and just trying to find out all i need so he can do it and get it done instead of me haveing to go get something here and there which can drag on the process.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
I did mine with the extended harness and it sure made things easier for me. I guess you could say I did mine the hard way. Extended harness, no clip, and switched out the cross member because I have an 87. That was over 2 years ago though.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Look at BobIsEverywhere's build thread, Suprahero's build thread, or search and find the topic I made about it back in the day. You need a good bit more than that. Check the sticky