600 Horsepower 2JZ MK3's: GReddy vs HKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
So Brian Urbano brought out Mike's RHD Mk3 and i rolled out too for Nisei Week Car Show in Little Tokyo Los Angeles yesterday.

Our dyno numbers are practically the same, though we're rocking different turbo kits. As u guys know, Mike was a BIG HKS guy so there is no questioning why he has HKS all over. And i stumbled over good deals on GReddy stuff, so i try to keep a GReddy theme eventhough i still got lots of HKS goodies making the power too. ;)

Mike's car took BEST Toyota at the show!!! :bigok:

Urbano's HKS setup has a nice smooth strong pull through the gears and even through the exhaust, SUPER quiet like stock. The GReddy setup is one violent sumbitch in every way shape, sound and form! Both cars are different in thier own ways. Overall feel comfort and ride for daily, i would drive Urbano's. For "Lets go reek some havok, snap some necks and get in trouble", mine. :faint:

This should give u guys an overall idea of what its like driving these MK3's around the streets. At the Vegas track, i've driven both, its the same there as well. Same n00b driver times too. :lol:

p1107136_1.jpg

p1107136_2.jpg

p1107136_3.jpg

p1107136_4.jpg

p1107136_5.jpg

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
haha thanks Nick and thanks guys for the responses. the reason why the car still has 2.5 tt badges is im too lazy to replace them.

heres some more shots

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and the op himself sleeping beauty
sm_photo_missing.jpg

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
eman2289;1107757 said:
SriLoki: What is the hks badge on the firewall in the first pic?

its a blank kansai service badge that you get when you are in Japan and you take your car to get a tune up. The empty fields are usually written in with timing belt change km, oil change etc... HKS kansai provides "jiffy lube like" services to cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.