60-1 max boost

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
that's a very broad question, and difficult to answer. max boost doesn't depend only on the turbo, but on the rest of the intake system as well. mainly, the intercooler. the piping has a large role in it, too.

pushing 20psi through a 60-1 on the stock intercooler and piping isn't going to net you the same benefits as that same turbo on a good aftermarket IC and some hardpipes.

-shaeff

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
My turbo was upgraded to the 60-1 by majestic turbo before I owned the car. I emailed them to ask them this question exactly.

This was the reply from them

"That turbo can safely operate at 15-18psi range assuming your fuel system and engine can support that."

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
JMDigital said:
My turbo was upgraded to the 60-1 by majestic turbo before I owned the car. I emailed them to ask them this question exactly.

This was the reply from them

"That turbo can safely operate at 15-18psi range assuming your fuel system and engine can support that."

They gave you a really safe answer.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I will be installing a ebay 12x24x3 core IC and 2.5 hard pipes. I thought it would be more than 20 psi though. A stock ct is good for 15 and Ive heard of people running 22 on a 57 trim so I thought the 60-1 would be good to 25 or so. I guess I was wrong.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
89turbosupra said:
I will be installing a ebay 12x24x3 core IC and 2.5 hard pipes. I thought it would be more than 20 psi though. A stock ct is good for 15 and Ive heard of people running 22 on a 57 trim so I thought the 60-1 would be good to 25 or so. I guess I was wrong.

It could be.. I will bet that majestic turbo would give me a safe answer just to cover their work. If they told everyone 25 you know that some people would assume that was the safe answer and go higher. :biglaugh:

I can tell you that I did boost to 1.5bar based on the gauge and did not notice anything bad happen. I dont do that alot.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
guys remember that the harder you push any part on the car the quicker it will fail. will a turbo run at 20+ psi? yes. will it put greater strain on everything? yes. make sure you have injectors, lex, pipes and cooler at the least