300zx caliper upgrade

leemk3

Aug 28, 2005
heres a point to ponder. its been said 300zx 1990> callipers will bolt to mk3 front knuckles with no real mods and mk4 rotors...has anybody looked into a big brake upgrade for mk3's using upgraded 300zx brembo/ willwood/ stoptech etc callipers and ???rotors ...will mk3 stainless lines have the same thread pitch to upgraded 300zx callipers? just wondering if a more cost-effective route exists for an already modded mk3 to upgrade even further without spending a rediculous amount on "complete" front brake upgrades. since i work as an auto tech i can vouch for the tendancy for "specialty" parts ( meaning upgraded callipers, 2 or 3 peice rotors etc) to carry a much inflated price. its no secret "hi performance" brake hardware carries a hefty pricetag wich may be due to demand, production, and limited customers...... ( that means mk3's are rare compared to hondadummies and mustangtards) hey, we all spend a bit too much on supra parts, they aint cheap! i'm just hoping there is a better way for us to stay fast and safe.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
I dont know how true it is, but I dont think that it will bolt on without an adapter bracket of sort. I know that the front caliper mount bolt hole center to center spacing on our cars is 4.331" (110mm) and IIRC the 300z spacing is 3.543" (90mm).

Plus there is a lot more to it then just putting on a bigger brake rotor and different caliper and have the brake work correctly.

I have built my own BBK using a wilwood 6pot caliper. Works great and I am working on a BBK for the rear using a wilwood 4pot caliper.

Here is the only picture of the fronts that I have at the moment
01front01.jpg

Last edited:

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
300zx calipers won't bolt up. You need adapter plates. I think 935 still has a few. Also, you can use the 350z brembo rotors and not have to machine it to fit like the mk4 rotors.