2jz-ge users

SLO89MK3

Aug 2, 2006
Mesa, AZ
im in the process of puting an na 2j into my 89mk3. i dont really know what to do with wiring. i have the motor set in the car and mounted, but i odnt know whether it would be easier to use the 7m harness and ecu or to wire in the 2j ecu and harness. i would like to use the 2j electronics but i want my car to be a daily driver so i do want ac and power steering.

Also i will first be running the car n/a until i get all the bugs worked out with the wiring and ac and all. or would it be a better idea just to do it all at once? any help would be great.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
is your 89 an NA? Im using an AEM, so I dont know exactly how to wire up your sensors like the TPS because I havent looked into it.

Ive heard of a few people that are using the 7m ECU and harness to run a 2jz. I think you would have an easier time using the 7M harness/ECU and a CPS from a 7MGTE. You could probably get away with a MAFT also.

The 2j ECU has a few outputs that are different though. If you want a good idea of what the pins on the ECU go to, go to the AEM electronics forum and download their software.

I got the attatched PDF documents from there.

the 1100 is the 2jzgte pinout
1101 is 2jzge pinout
1130 89-92 7M
1110 87-88 7M

Last edited:

SLO89MK3

Aug 2, 2006
Mesa, AZ
p5150 said:
is your 89 an NA? Im using an AEM, so I dont know exactly how to wire up your sensors like the TPS because I havent looked into it.

Ive heard of a few people that are using the 7m ECU and harness to run a 2jz. I think you would have an easier time using the 7M harness/ECU and a CPS from a 7MGTE. You could probably get away with a MAFT also.

The 2j ECU has a few outputs that are different though. If you want a good idea of what the pins on the ECU go to, go to the AEM electronics forum and download their software.

I got the attatched PDF documents from there.

the 1100 is the 2jzgte pinout
1101 is 2jzge pinout
1130 89-92 7M
1110 87-88 7M

Its a turbo car. would there be any benefit to using the 2j electronics as opposed the the 7m harness? higher rev limit, better timing maps? just newer technology, then again they are kinda the sam except for 2j has a distributor instead of cps. Ideally I should want a cps shouldnt I? But i'm kinda worried about the cps reliability issues, my old setup would leave me with a stalled car at a light all thanks to the cps wires. And i had a brand new factory wiring harness.