2jz downpipe for mk3

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
just wondering i been searching the builds, what downpipe do i use for a 2jz swap into an mk3 chassis? do i use the one from the mk4's or do i have to go custom. im really hoping for a direct bolt on but if its not possible then i'll have to settle for a custom pipe job... thanks again guys...

jvamps

Sep 8, 2009
mesa
turbo or non turbo? cause I'm doing a 2jzge swap and reusing my 7m downpipe. but you do have to custom weld the flanges.

other than that. from what I saw so far the lengths and everything would work

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would almost have to say it would be very dependant on which mani you choose. Different manifold place the turbo in different orientations and front to back spacing. So I would have to say custom unless you get lucky.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
jvamps;1475881 said:
turbo or non turbo? cause I'm doing a 2jzge swap and reusing my 7m downpipe. but you do have to custom weld the flanges.

other than that. from what I saw so far the lengths and everything would work

Im going turbo'd 2jz..

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Flateric;1475909 said:
I would almost have to say it would be very dependant on which mani you choose. Different manifold place the turbo in different orientations and front to back spacing. So I would have to say custom unless you get lucky.

sorry im keeping the stock twins on the engine..

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
AZN MK3;1475915 said:
sorry im keeping the stock twins on the engine..

Stock aristo twins? If so good luck finding the flange, my exhaust shop didn't have one. I had to switch out the ypipe to go with my downpipe. The aristo ypipe is very restrictive iirc.
p1476004_1.jpg

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I custom made my Stock twin DP, I had USDM twins though.

Hopefully your engine came with the aristo DP or at least the flange as jugodegolf said they're hard to come by.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Yes it's a wierd shape for sure, kinda out of round. I would suggest addressing your turbo's before the motor goes in. They are a PITA to take off once the motor is in. If you have modest power goals and don't plan on running ton's of boost leave them as is.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
but isnt the bends on the mk4 supra kinda similar though i know it has that flange that your talking about so could i use that then cut it in a way it would fit? other than that i appreciate the info guys...

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I bought a piece of 1/4" flat stock from Home Depot for 8 bucks, took a grinder and drill to it and I was good to go with a little cut to fit exhaust gasket material. Then with some universal exhaust pipe bends and straights from Summit Racing I had to custom make mine.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
MKIV DP (unless jdm maybe) wont work because the flanges are different from JDM To USDM. The JDM has a 2.5" hole vs the USDMs 3" hole. A stock 1jz or 7m DP flange might be close, but never checked.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
thanks guys... well i guess i'll have to keep on searching for that flange or maybe have to cut up an ebay downpipe then custom bend it...

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
jugodegolf;1476004 said:
Stock aristo twins? If so good luck finding the flange, my exhaust shop didn't have one. I had to switch out the ypipe to go with my downpipe. The aristo ypipe is very restrictive iirc.
p1476698_1.jpg

so thats what the flange looks like that bolts up to my aristo twins???

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
jugodegolf;1476004 said:
p1476703_1.jpg

ok this y pipe your talking about, all i found is the one for the 1jz engine is it the same???

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
That is the downpipe, the y pipe is between the turbos.
The flanges are close, but still far enough off to piss you off. It would be best to go custom.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
AZN MK3;1476698 said:
so thats what the flange looks like that bolts up to my aristo twins???

NO.

AZN MK3;1476703 said:
ok this y pipe your talking about, all i found is the one for the 1jz engine is it the same???

I'm not sure on the differences between the 3 ypipes (Aristo, Udsm, 1jz)

My downpipe bolts directly to the usdm twins. As Mike, Justin and I have been trying to say the flanges for the aristo twins are hard to come by.

I had asked previously what are you power expectations. I would suggest that before you do any custom work on the exhuast you figure that out. If your going to be happy with about 300 hp then go for the stock aristo's. If your goals are higher you need to think about usdm twins/or single and if your going single then this discussion is pointless.

foreverpsycotic;1476725 said:
That is the downpipe, the y pipe is between the turbos.
The flanges are close, but still far enough off to piss you off. It would be best to go custom.

Mike is correct. I originally used the aristo twins and swapped out the Usdm ypipe. This simplified the need for finding the flange. Once the ypipe is swapped any of the tt exhaust's should bolt right up.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
USDM mk4 flange is quite a bit off from the JDM but if you redrill the wholes or have the flange off you can make it work.

it's a PIA but it works.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Great that sucks... ok.. Does anyone know where i could purchase a ypipe for those turbos hopefully that would work... (sigh...) Damn jdm turbo's.