McHenry
would it be easier to make a drag car out of my supra or my 240sx

supra--heavy --with more horsepower potential

240sx--very light car--doesnt need much horsepower

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Drag cars arnt cheap. And it shouldnt be to hard.. But i'll tell you after my friend is done with his 2jz powered s14.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
If you want a cheap drag car get a Mustang 5.0. They are light, cheap, reliable, adn you can get into the 12s with slicks and a minimum amount of mods. Plus, if you get one in good condition it should look really nice as well.

No shit talking about Mustangs. Last time i went to Fontana for drag racing there were a couple 1JZs and 1 7M and they all sucked big time, they couldnt launch, they were all on street tires, and they all ran 13.5-14.5s with tons of mods. If you want to drag, get the Mustang.

If the Mustang is not your deal get the Supra, it is superior in every way to the 240. The only drawback may be weight but you should realize that its only heavy because of all the high quality and luxury parts. If you pick up a 240sx control arm and compare it to the supras you will understand.

iAmWesG

Aug 7, 2007
TX
eh... i know of multiple 350hp+ ka-t's here in Houston that have bone stock head. I don't see how thats FTL... *shrug*

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I have NFI about HG problems with Nissans, this is a supra forum ;).

The supra has a cast iron block and AL head, along with a stock composite HG. That's what my reference was too :D

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Mainsteam Performance in ATL has done probably over 20 2jz swaps in 240s of all years.. Only down side is it costs ~$7k including the price of the motor. But you get the complete install, including custom driveshaft and wiring and a FMIC with hardpipes and a intake pipe and filter. Last time i was up there they were putting a 2jz in an FC covertible.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
is this seriously another thread on this topic? if you have to ask go 240 and get an sr20 or whatever everyone else that owns a 240 does....

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
i would say if you wanted something fast...the 240...
if you want something comfortable and still hold its own to a 240..get a supra.

the 7m produces plenty of torque..you build one right and it will definitly carry you ass around in all that weight. and you won't feel like an old man after sitting in it for three hours.

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
If your comparing the two in the same league then you shouldn't be on here. The Supra has more potential as a drag car IMO with a proper setup, good driver, etc. If you want to go sideways fast stick with your 240, just throw an SR in it since it was meant to be there and go from there. I have many friends with SR'ed nissan's that are very efficient with minimal mods. Yeah 240's can drag, hell a 4g63 Hyundai Elentra can too with enough money and time. It's all about what you want to do.