1jz wirings problems.. HELP

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
I need help. I am replacing a used o2 sensor, wirings on my 1jz is different from the sensor. I was told the sensor is from 7Mgte.
So, the o2 sensor has 1 blue and 2 blacks, while my 1jz has 1 white, 1 red/green and 1 black/red. How should I wire them?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
White is usually the OX signal. Check it's continuity to the OX pin in the diag box. For the other two. One is heater wire which also has a pin in the diag box. The other is just a +B so check continuity to injector power or just unplug the ecu and see which one has power. iirc the blk/red is +b and red/blue is heater. If your heater wire has a green tracer for what ever reason just check it's continuity.

The two black wires are for power/heater. You can flip flop them it's 12v either way. Lemme guess it's a bosch sensor?

Tlo86: please be careful about assigning ground to white wires like that he could really damage important electricals! In toyota Grounds are ALWAYS brown or white/Black tracer. And hooking up the HT wire to the signal will fuck the sensor :( Sorry to bust your balls like that I'm just looking out for him :)

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
aphxero;895852 said:
White is usually the OX signal. Check it's continuity to the OX pin in the diag box. For the other two. One is heater wire which also has a pin in the diag box. The other is just a +B so check continuity to injector power or just unplug the ecu and see which one has power. iirc the blk/red is +b and red/blue is heater. If your heater wire has a green tracer for what ever reason just check it's continuity.

The two black wires are for power/heater. You can flip flop them it's 12v either way. Lemme guess it's a bosch sensor?

Tlo86: please be careful about assigning ground to white wires like that he could really damage important electricals! In toyota Grounds are ALWAYS brown or white/Black tracer. And hooking up the HT wire to the signal will fuck the sensor :( Sorry to bust your balls like that I'm just looking out for him :)

Lol no prob

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
aphxero;895852 said:

thank you for your help. really appreciate that. I was told the sensor I bought is OEM o2 sensor from 7MGTE. Lets summarized the problem. Since white is o2 meaning the wiring will be like this: WHITE->BLUE, THEN 2 BLACKS-> BLK/RED & RED/GREEN?

pLEASE CORRECT IF i AM WRONG. THANK YOU.