1jz tach signal

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
i cant get the rpm signal to read correctly on my safc. there are 2 signals coming from the ecu and i just tapped into one and it reads WAY too low. im afraid to experiment does anybody have any ideas?:1zhelp:

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
I just used the pinout they provided in the wiring manual.

BigPants said:
i cant get the rpm signal to read correctly on my safc. there are 2 signals coming from the ecu and i just tapped into one and it reads WAY too low. im afraid to experiment does anybody have any ideas?:1zhelp:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
BigPants said:
its the black wire also you can do it just by plugging it in you dc power source i just had to calibrate my Gtech pro RR $255 through best offer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4647825092 it works great ill put some dynos on soon!

Last edited:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
IG1 pin 11 black wire. The 1JZ haves only 1 signal. I think it comes from the ignitor.

Contact the Mfg. of the meter they should point you in the right direction from there.

You can try to change the cylinder setting the coil packs might use waste spark technology.
I think it uses 3 seperate pulses to fire 6 cylinders. So maybe try 3 cylinders.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IG1 is the signal going TO the ignitor. Try connecting to the IGT signal beside it, which comes FROM the ignitor.

IF1 says "fire ignitor 1"
IGT says "I've fired an ignitor"

IGT will read 6x higher then IG1