1JZ Mystery Plug

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
annoyingrob said:
I don't see why it would be A/C. There's no AC on that side of the car.

It almost looks like the reverse light connector, but it's on the wrong side of teh harness.

theres the pressure/cycling switches over there that are on the a/c line

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Proportional power steering.

And now that you mention it, you're right, it is PPS. It plugs into a valve on the steering rack, and looks exactly like that. It's been extended likely so that it can me used on a LHD car.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Is it part of the 1jz engine harness? It sure looks like its the plug for the heater control valve not the pps. You connect it to the control valve and depending on your climate control temperature it will open and close the flow to the heater core for your heat. Just my 2 cents judging on the color of the wires.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
supraracer49 said:
Is it part of the 1jz engine harness? It sure looks like its the plug for the heater control valve not the pps. You connect it to the control valve and depending on your climate control temperature it will open and close the flow to the heater core for your heat. Just my 2 cents judging on the color of the wires.
thats on the harness near the firewall, from whats pictured its right at the front turbo which is where the PPS connector is on a rhd car. You have to extend it 2 feet or so to reach the pps valve on the left hand side for your lhd car.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
It is for power steering control in post 89 MK3. Tuck it away, you do not need it.

I left it there because if you ever do go back to a 90 shell, you can still have access to using it.

stylez

Jul 30, 2006
Canberra, Australia
i have a similarly mysterious plug, looks very much like that, coming from some kind of water temp sensor, no idea what it was used for ! you cant see plug end, but looks just like yours, its on the black wire in pic.

car_bit.jpg