1j swap updates

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
finally drove my supra today. it pulled nicely but i kno it wasnt up to the full potential because it was only at 5 lbs. stock is suppose to be 10 right? anyways im pretty sure i kno where my boost leaks are are so im gonna plug them up and take her out for another ride. my speedo gauge isnt working however. impretty sure i kno y though. i dont think that the speedo cable is all the way inserted into that holder that the speedometer (cluster) goes into. not sure though...... ill keep everyone updated

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
it was a pretty good feeling but i think it shoulda felt better. maybe because i was only a 5 lbs. and i didnt wanna push it too hard, i need a new suspension, tires, and an alignment. lol. im gonna try and fix the boost leak on friday and take it back on the road. im also gonna try to get a blitz ecu off my freind and a boost controller. hopefully it all works out.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
was that english??? lol

Nice man, over heating problem fixed and now its running. this is awesome. fix those boost leaks and the speedo and let her RIP

EDIT:: JZ engines are pretty trashy Jay

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
queenskid926;911589 said:
i See u finally tooks yours out on the road. Did u eva get to dyno it at ur school?

nope not as yet i didnt have a chance. i dont really wanna put it on the dyno as of yet anyway because of the boost leak i have. once i fix that then ill throw her on the dyno and get some numbers

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
3rdtimearound;912457 said:
What was the final reason for it overheating anyway?

Wayne

it turns out that the car wasnt overheating it was just a bad coolant temp sensor. i pulled out the sensor and tried to clean it off but it didnt help that much. the needle on the temp gauge went down just a little bit. so im just gonna buy a new sensor out of a 2j. its like 40 bucks at napa. or i might just run an aftermarket water temp gauge.... or i might do both. not sure yet