1j swap in progress: removal from front clip

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
well after finally getting my front clip i got to work on it yesterday. i got the radiator out and the hydrofan lines, hoses, electrical and sensors are already disconnected, i think i got all the powersteering lines disconnected, still gotta do the speedocable, and clutch line, a/c too i think.....still gotta get out the intercooler..... is there anything im missing/forgot to disconnect before i begin disconnecting the mounts and pulling the motor???? i can't seem to think of anything else....could be cause im exhausted from workin on this motor is the cold.... all help is appriciated!

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
the the heater hoses and the throttle cable and i beleive i got all the connections to the body........ i kno i got one fuel line... is there another one?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
o yea nad my supra front clip came with traction control.. is that common on 1j supras?? could it be possible that my clip is a twin turbo R?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Yeah there is a fuel feed line and a fuel return line. The feed line has a line fitting. The return line is just a hose that is clamped to a hard line.

I think have an ECU that goes to a traction control engine with 1JZ plugs, but im not sure. Could you take the cover off and post a pic of the inside of your ECU?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
sure i could take some pics. i have a question about my mouts though. the bottom and top halfs of the mouts seperated are they suppose to do that? im thinking that they arent and my mounts arent good..... im gonnna post up some pics of it as soon as i get a chance. and o yea i got the motor outta the clip last night!!! it took me 1 and half dayz. and it took me 1 and a half days for the 7m removal. so far my swap time is up to 3 days. does anyone know if my 1j is a limited edition or twin turbo R b/c it came with traction control?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
#1StunnaVic said:
sure i could take some pics. i have a question about my mouts though. the bottom and top halfs of the mouts seperated are they suppose to do that? im thinking that they arent and my mounts arent good..... im gonnna post up some pics of it as soon as i get a chance. and o yea i got the motor outta the clip last night!!! it took me 1 and half dayz. and it took me 1 and a half days for the 7m removal. so far my swap time is up to 3 days. does anyone know if my 1j is a limited edition or twin turbo R b/c it came with traction control?

2.5 GT Twin Turbo Limited I believe had it as an option.

It's not an option for the R. Hell, the R never even had ABS as far as I'm aware.

The mounts should be one piece. If they came apart, you need new mounts. Might as well go for solid mounts :)

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
annoyingrob said:
2.5 GT Twin Turbo Limited I believe had it as an option.

It's not an option for the R. Hell, the R never even had ABS as far as I'm aware.
QUOTE]

The ABS was an option on the type R. My JZA70 has it. No traction control though.