1j/2j heads?

MkIIdrifter

Sep 10, 2005
tucson az
What are the differences between the 1j and 2 j heads? do they flow different amounts? Bolt patterns? Is there a big twin kit out for the 1j? will a 2j big twin kit fit?
just some Qs
THANKS alot
ps I tried asearch so dont rage
I found mostly stock twin conversation

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
the manifold bolt patterns are different, so a 2jz manifold wont fit on a 1jz. They do flow different ammounts, the 2jz flows more.

MkIIdrifter

Sep 10, 2005
tucson az
So being the heads flow different are the combustion bowls bigger or the same size? I take it a 2j head can bolt up to the 1j block, right? Ive heard the blocks are the same except rods/pistons are different.(hence 2.5) kinda like the 5m-7m blocks(oil squirters gte) So would putting a 2j head on a 1j result in any performence gains? Besides the vast amount of options w/ big singles and what have you. what about the stock 2j sequentials and mani, would they help the 1j out at all if the whole top end was transfered? And is there room for a big twin setup for a 2j(head) in the chassis of a MkIII(strut tower???) Or better yet are there any companys that make a twin kit for the 1j? Ive heard Blitz but cant seem to find anything.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
i'm pretty much a newb in the JZ scene, but I've never heard of a 2jz head on a 1jz block. On the other hand, there have been people that have had success with the '1.5JZ' - a 2jz block under a 1jz head. Supposed to provide the best of both worlds

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
If you run the 2jz head 1jz block combo as a single turbo, as I understand it, then yes it can be done. The sequential twins are a maze of vacuum hoses and electronic devices, not to mention the ECU controls the sequential part of it mostly... As for 1jz twin kits, take a look at becauseican's setup... good luck.

-J

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Squid699 said:
i'm pretty much a newb in the JZ scene, but I've never heard of a 2jz head on a 1jz block. On the other hand, there have been people that have had success with the '1.5JZ' - a 2jz block under a 1jz head. Supposed to provide the best of both worlds

most people do the 1.5 because they are already single turbo on their 1J. so going with a 2j would require them to get a new kit.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
devil358 said:
not to hijack the thread or anything, but is he planning on putting that into production for the masses? lol it's a very nice kit!
I'm sure he will sell it, but be forewarned, it's not going to be cheap, there's a lot of time, effort, and money in that setup.